As the outreach arm of the diocese, Episcopal Community Ministries uses the power of our collective community to help fund local outreach ministries who are in the best position to assess and respond to neighborhood needs. Each grant awarded is administered by the recipient congregation. Every donation to ECM contributes to the well-being of communities all over Southern Ohio, at every level of human need from food and clothing to jobs and homes.
In addition to personal donations, ECM tries to get involved in other fundraising opportunities in the diocese to involve those who may not yet be familiar with our mission. This fall, we have three such opportunities. You can read about these offerings below.
OSU Football Ticket Raffle
Each $25 donation to ECM enters you for a chance to win two tickets to see the Buckeyes take on the Maryland Terrapins on Saturday, October 9 at Ohio Stadium in Columbus.
These are exceptional tickets!
Section 18A, Row 34
You can enter for multiple raffle tickets – $25 for 1; $50 for 2, $75 for 3, $100 for 4.
Bishop Smith will draw the winning raffle ticket on Wednesday, 9/29. The winner will be notified by email with instructions on how to claim their tickets.
"Bake" a difference and enter your sweet treats in the ECM Bake-Off!
Saturday, September 25, 2021
(part of the DSO Convocation)
The Bake-Off will have three entry categories:
- Cookies & Bars
- Cakes & Cupcakes
To participate, register your dessert using the form below.
Drop off your culinary creation at the ECM tent at Convocation by 10:30 a.m. on Sept. 25. At 11 a.m., ECM Committee members will judge the samples and declare the “Best Of” for each category.
Beginning at 11:30 a.m. all entries will be sold by the slice or piece, so that all convocation attendees can enjoy your splendid sweets. Proceeds will go to ECM to fund local congregational outreach ministries. We know your goodies are made with love, and what could be more appropriate than supporting the love shown by neighbors helping neighbors?
- All entries must be home-made.
- All entries must be made with love.
- A list of ingredients must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9/23 so a card can be printed for each entry. This is essential information at the Bake Sale for people who may have food allergies.
Are you willing to share your recipe? If so, email your recipe to email@example.com by 9/23 and we will also sell recipes at the bake sale to raise additional funds for ECM.
Ride to break the cycle of poverty at the 2021 Tour de Gem!
The Tour de Gem is an opportunity for non-profits to raise both awareness and funds for their organization. Since 2018 Tour de Gem has hosted one of the premier cycling and fundraising events in Southern Ohio, providing thousands of riders a safe and engaging venue to raise money for the causes they believe in. Their mission is to bring cyclists, charities, and communities together. Cyclists of all ages and abilities have an opportunity to participate in multiple ways:
Create your own virtual ride between September 24 and October 10.
- This can be in your own neighborhood, on a local bike path, one of the spectacular scenic rides throughout Southern Ohio, or even on your exercise bike. Riders registering for the Virtual Option may select the Fundraise Only option, which does not have a fee.
Participate in the Live Ride in Dayton on October 10.
- The event starts at 8am. There are 4 routes to choose from:
- When registering for the live event, be sure to indicate which route you plan to ride. There is a registration fee for adult and youth in-person riders. Children under 12 are welcome to participate – their family should select the family friendly Bike Path course. There is no fee for children to register.
Tour de Gem is a component fund of The Dayton Foundation. Every dollar donated through Tour de Gem Team ECM will be disbursed to ECM. In turn, every dollar raised by ECM is granted to local outreach ministries. We hope you will join with us to make a real difference in Southern Ohio communities!